Operation 45: An Adventure in Diamonds
Amsterdam Outdoor Escape Game
A HISTORICAL TREASURE HUNT THROUGH AMSTERDAM'S OLD JEWISH DISTRICT
In this outdoor escape game, you will:
- Follow a series of treasure maps hidden in old tins
- Solve escape-room-like puzzles to unlock a series of locks
- Find out the true story of a diamond heist that took place at the outbreak of WWII
To play the competitive version with your team or party click here.
What is it?
Mystery City Games are a mix between a scavenger hunt, escape room, and a self-guided walking tour. It’s a bit like the Da Vinci Code or National Treasure – it’s about using clues hidden in the architecture of the city to solve a mystery. You can play competitively, but you can also relax and go your own pace, enjoying shops or cafés along the way. It’s an escape room experience in Amsterdam like no other and should definitely be included in your ‘top 10 things to do in Amsterdam’! No app or phone is needed – we think treasure hunts are more fun with real treasure maps, locks, and beautiful pieces.
Where is it?
This game takes you out of the touristic city center to the charming Plantagebuurt, the old Jewish District of Amsterdam. Here history will spring to life as you uncover hidden monuments and the real story of a diamond heist during WWII.
On May 10, 1940, the Netherlands was invaded by the Nazis. Within hours, a secret mission was undertaken to prevent the city’s priceless cache of industrial diamonds from falling into Nazi hands. Five years later, Amsterdam celebrates liberation. But you have one final mission: Discover what happened to the diamonds.
In this Mystery City Game you will:
– Walk around discovering must-see sites and attractions in Amsterdam’s Plantagebuurt (the Old Jewish District).
– Solve puzzles using special tools and finding details in Amsterdam’s streets and secret corners
– Follow a true story from the city’s history as you race against the clock or compete with your friends, family, or colleagues
The game was designed for adults, but is suitable for ages 6 and older when playing with an adult. It’s a great idea for a family visit to Amsterdam, a date with someone special, or an event with your team.
Where is it?
The game starts and ends at Mystery City HQ, Zwanenburgwal 178, just next to the Waterlooplein. The route covers approx 3km and passes by five key sites in the old Jewish district: Rembrantplein, the Shadow Wall, Artis, the Portugese Synagogue, and an old diamond factory.
Call Us! +31 6 47 79 95 24