The Search for the Snake Stone
Barcelona Outdoor Escape Game
A MAGICAL OUTDOOR ESCAPE ROOM THROUGH BARCELONA'S GOTHIC QUARTER
Explore Barcelona and discover magic in hidden places with the latest outdoor escape game from Mystery City Games! Follow the notes left by a mysterious Professor and use her magical objects to solve puzzles as you walk through Barcelona’s Gothic Quarter. Along the way, you will learn legends of alchemists, sorcerers, and kings from medieval Barcelona. Those who are worthy may find magic in The Search for the Snake Stone.
In this outdoor escape room game, you will:
- Follow the Professor’s journal past must-see attractions and secret monuments
- Solve escape-room-like puzzles using the city’s architecture and the Professor’s magical tools
- Learn amazing stories and legends from Barcelona’s past
- Available in English, Spanish, Catalan, and French
What is it?
Mystery City Games are a mix between a treasure hunt, escape room, and a self-guided walking tour. It’s a bit like the Da Vinci Code or National Treasure – it’s about using clues hidden in the architecture of the city to solve a mystery. You can play competitively, but you can also relax and go your own pace, enjoying shops or cafés and learning real stories from Barcelona’s history along the way. It’s an outdoor escape room in Barcelona like no other and should definitely be included in your ‘top 10 things to do in Barcelona’! Also you will use real magical objects to guide the way – we think treasure hunts are more fun with real treasure maps, locks, and beautiful pieces.
A professor from Barcelona has mysteriously disappeared. Fortunately, you received her Snake Stone notes and her box of magical items. Hidden in her journal and on the streets of Barcelona is the route to the mystical Snake Stone. What did the professor uncover? Explore Barcelona’s rich history of magic and witchcraft and solve puzzles in this outdoor escape game to find out!
How It Works:
- You will meet the Game Master at our escape room partner next to the Plaza Urquinaona to pick up all of the materials that you need to play: a box of magical tools and the professor’s journal.
- Follow treasure maps as you walk through Barcelona’s Gothic District discovering must-see city sites and attractions such as the Cathedral, Plaça del Rei, Plaça Sant Miquel, Portaferrissa, and much more! You will also discover secret places and less-visited alleys along the route.
- Solve puzzles while exploring Barcelona with your friends or family on a holiday, bachelorette party, or weekend out. If you only have 1 day in Barcelona, this is the way to see it!
- Learn true stories of magic, sorcerers, and witches from Barcelona’s history
Are you a curious and adventurous spirit? Are you looking for fun things to do in Barcelona? Then Barcelona’s best outdoor escape game is something for you! It is a great idea for a family visit to Amsterdam, a date with someone special, a birthday party, or a team building event.
Is it suitable for children?
The games were made for adults, but are a very fun thing to do with kids or teenagers too. Kids ages 6 and older can play when accompanied by an adult. This game is a slightly higher level of difficulty and will take longer to complete with kids. Our other game The Secret of Cerdà is more suited to birthday parties or family groups.
Why should we play?
These self-guided city game tours are the top thing to do in Barcelona! Explore the city at your own pace and learn something about must-see sights and top places all while racing to solve a real mystery. Discover real stories hidden in the city and find out why people call us “the best thing to do in Barcelona!”
Where is it?
The game starts and ends at Maximum Escape near the Plaza Urquinaona. The route covers 3km and passes by key sites in the city: the Cathedral, Plaça del Rei, Santa Maria del Pi, Alchemist’s House and all the unique and magical corners of the Gothic and Jewish Quarter.
What do we need to play?
At least one player will need access to WhatsApp so that they can communicate with one of the main characters.