The Secret of Cerdà
Barcelona Treasure Hunt
EXPLORE HIDDEN PLACES AND STORIES ON AN ADVENTURE THAT EVERYONE WILL LOVE
- Follow the treasure map to discover secret places
- Solve escape-room-puzzles
- Unlock a series of locks on a treasure box
- Walk at your own pace or race against your friends
- Real materials: play with treasure maps, tools, and magic objects!
Available in English, Spanish, Catalan, and French
To play with your team or party click here.
What is it?
Mystery City Games are a mix between a treasure hunt, escape room, and a self-guided walking tour. It’s a bit like the Da Vinci Code or National Treasure – it’s about using clues hidden in the architecture of the city to solve a mystery. You can play competitively, but you can also relax and go at your own pace, enjoying shops or cafés and learning real stories from Barcelona’s history along the way. Also you will use real magical objects to guide the way – we think treasure hunts are more fun with real treasure maps, locks, and beautiful pieces.
In 1856, Barcelona was suffocating inside its medieval walls. An eccentric urbanist Ildefons Cerdà’s design was chosen for the expansion of the city. What secrets has the eccentric architect hidden in his plans? Explore the city and solve puzzles in this outdoor escape game to find out!
How It Works:
- You will meet the Game Master at our escape room partner next to the Plaza Urquinaona to pick up all of the materials that you need to play: a box with 5 locks on it, a book of puzzles, a treasure map, and some magical tools
- Follow the treasure map through Barcelona city center as you discover must-see city sites and attractions such as the Plaça Catalunya, Carrer Comptal, Palau de la Musica, and Passeig de Gracia and much more!
- Solve puzzles while exploring Barcelona with your friends or family on a holiday, bachelorette party, or weekend out. If you only have 1 day in Barcelona, this is the way to see it!
- Learn true stories from Barcelona’s history
Are you a curious and adventurous spirit? Are you looking for fun things to do in Barcelona? Then Barcelona’s best outdoor escape game is something for you! This game is perfect for a visit with friends in Barcelona, a family day out, a date with someone special, a birthday party, or a team building event.
Is it suitable for children?
The games were made for adults, but are a very fun thing to do with kids or teenagers too. Kids ages 6 and older can play when accompanied by an adult. This game is great for kids, who love the locked boxes and magical tools. Our other game The Search for the Snake Stone is more suited to advanced escape room players.
Why should we play?
These self-guided city game tours are the top thing to do in Barcelona! Explore the city at your own pace and learn something about must-see sights and top places all while racing to solve a real mystery. Discover real stories hidden in the city and find out why people call us “the best thing to do in Barcelona!”
Where is it?
The game starts and ends at Maximum Escape near the Plaza Urquinaona. The route covers 2,7km and passes by five key sites in the city: the Gothic Quarter, the Block of Discord, Eixample, Plaza Catalunya, and Palau de la Musica.
Call us on +34 6 66 12 46 40