Amsterdam Treasure Hunts
TOP-RATED OUTDOOR ESCAPE GAMES
Looking for a fun and unusual thing to do in Amsterdam? Come discover what people are calling a “fantastic way to experience the city!”
In this treasure hunt you will:
- Follow the treasure map to discover secret places
- Solve escape-room-puzzles
- Unlock a series of locks on a treasure box
- Walk at your own pace or race against your friends
- Real materials: no app/telephone required!
What is it?
Mystery City Games are a mix between a treasure hunt, escape room, and a self-guided walking tour. It’s a bit like the Da Vinci Code – it’s about using clues hidden in the architecture of the city to solve a mystery. You can play competitively, but you can also relax and go your own pace, enjoying shops or cafés along the way. It’s an escape room in Amsterdam like no other and should definitely be included in your ‘top 10 things to do in Amsterdam’! No app or phone is needed – we think treasure hunts are more fun with real treasure maps, locks, and beautiful pieces.
How It Works:
- You will meet the Game Master at our Secret Headquarters next to the Waterlooplein to pick up a backpack containing all of the materials that you need to play: treasure maps, boxes, locks, and beautiful tools – this is not an app!
- Follow an ancient treasure map as you walk through Amsterdam’s city center or old Jewish quarter discovering must-see city sites and monuments such as Nieuwmarkt, the Old Church, Torensluis, Westermarkt, the Shadow Wall, Rembrantplein, and much more! You will also discover hidden monuments and less-visited places along the route.
- Solve puzzles while exploring Amsterdam with your friends or family on a holiday, bachelorette party, or weekend out. If you only have 1 day in Amsterdam, this is the way to see it!
- Learn true stories from the city’s history
Are you a curious and adventurous spirit? Are you looking for fun things to do in Amsterdam? Then Amsterdam’s best scavenger hunt is something for you! They are a great idea for a family visit to Amsterdam, a date with someone special, a birthday party, or an event with your team.
Can my kids play?
The games were made for adults, but are a very fun thing to do with kids or teenagers too. Kids ages 6 and older can play when accompanied by an adult.
Why should we play?
These self-guided city game tours are the top thing to do in Amsterdam! Explore the city at your own pace and learn something about must-see sights and top places all while racing to solve a real mystery. Discover real stories hidden in the city and find out why people call us “the best thing to do in Amsterdam!”
Where is it?
The game starts and ends at Mystery City HQ, Zwanenburgwal 178, just next to the Waterlooplein. The route covers approximately 3km and passes by five key sites in the city.
Call Us! +31 6 47 79 95 24